Friday, March 27, 2009

And the moral of the story is: never play LA

It's a shame that I was not able to get any live footage of the very kinetic, blown out, experimental French psych band Gunslingers. It was truly a set not to be missed, among the many that fit the same bill, at the aQ/WFMU showcase.

To get an idea of the frantic noise they bring, you check out their myspace profile here. They are still on tour, as I type this, so see if you can check them out in your town.

Gunslingers' newest album is called No More Invention, and while I could not find any direct link to the World of Sound Label, that put it out, I was certainly able to find it in the aQ webstore. If you don't believe that it's worth your time simply because I tell you it is, then maybe Julian Cope can change your mind.

At any rate, I was able to get an interview with the band that should be a direct parallel to the insanity of their live show. This is truly one of my favorite videos from the whole weekend:


SXSW#14: Interview with Gunslingers at aQ/WFMU showcase from Denman C Anderson on Vimeo.

No comments: