Monday, April 6, 2009

Everyone you know is at SXSW

One of the best parts of being at SXSW, especially if you run in music circles, is, at some point or other, running into everyone you know who is in a band, or every band you listen to. Such was the case when I randomly stumbled into Speck Brown and Brendan Majewski, better know as the hard-rocking duo from Brooklyn, Orphan.

I have to say, I've loved this band since I heard the first clips from their debut, Aborted by Birth. Not only is it worth having their record on your turntable, but it's also worth your time to look up their found footage youtube videos. I'm not the only person who seems to feel this way, so if you don't believe my words, check out those of aQ and Vice, on their Myspace profile.

I suppose it wasn't so entirely random that we crossed paths at the Lovitt Records showcase, since Speck is, after all, from DC. But whatever the case, they were kind enough to let me ask them a few questions about the album, shows, and upcoming recordings.


SXSW#20: Interview with Orphan from Denman C Anderson on Vimeo.

No comments: