Wednesday, August 26, 2009

No, your radio is not broken; your house alarm is not going off....

Last Friday I was asked to perform on University of Maryland's longstanding radio station WUMC. The specific show, (n)flux, is geared towards experimental and ambient sounds. DJ ARKive has been working hard to pull together quality programming including having live performances from the likes of Daniel Higgs, among others. You should give it a listen every Friday from 10:00-12:00PM.

Needless to say, I was quite surprised to share an honor bestowed upon MULTIPLE members of Lungfish. Without evening meaning to, I performed for nearly an hour and a half. I'd been deeply exhausted by work, so, bits of the piece were not my best. However, I am quite fond of the better stretches. If you are a trooper, in the most Iron Maiden sense of the word, you can listen to the entire event here, (obviously you need to skip down to the "N FLUX" show, and no, the Tom Petty at the beginning is not part of it....).

Per usual, I could not resist whipping out my Flipvid, and I've included a brief excerpt here (Yes, with all the fun of watching real, live, clinical knob turning...):

DCADCNC perforning live on the (n)flux show on WUMC from Denman C Anderson on Vimeo.

No comments: