Sunday, March 22, 2009

So much to post, so little time....

So,

It's 6:00 AM here, and there is no way I could possibly go into all the details of the absolutely amazing weekend that I've had here at SXSW. Once I find the time, I will go into much more elaborate detail. I'm trying to upload videos right now, but each one wants to take half an hour. Fear not, however, I have many, many, many videos to post. If you were following All Our Noise on twitter, I told no tails. Every video I promised, I have, and I'll post them all as fast as I can. In the meantime, here is a very short version, (for now), of how today went. God knows how but after two and a half hours sleep, I was able to get up at 10:00, and make it to the Lovitt Records showcase in plenty of time. I was deliriously happy there, seeing many fantastic bands including, Edie Sedgwick, Medications, Des Ark, Milemarker.....And of course, Frodus, just to name a few.

After that I ran into Dave Nada and Matt Nordstrom, and we headed to a Ticketmaster event that they were djing, in a house converted into a makeshift club. It was mostly Dj's hanging out in the kitchen, er, I mean, dj booth. And after we staged a spontaneous dance party, we stepped out onto the porch to ponder the burning question,"Who, in fact, are all these people?..." Eventually we went over to the Unruly Records showcase, where people like King Tut, Scottie B, Blaqstarr, DJ Class, and our very own Nadastrom were turning Austin into Murderland. Everyone upped the ante minute by minute, until Nadastrom hit the decks, and all awesome hell broke loose. The night ended in pandemonium, and in my opinion, was a total success. After that.....there were some shenanigans, and catering. Then we all a parted ways, and here I sit. All in all, this was the epitome of a life affirming weekend.

So like I said, more blogs, more details, and many, many, many, more videos....

See you back in the diamond district...........

No comments: