Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wildildlife (Thus begins the aQ/WFMU part of the blogging)

Wildildlife was a band I stumbled across on some now forgotten music blog. However what I read and heard piqued my interest enough to get a hold of the Six album that they put out on Crucial Blast in 2007. I thought it was a fantastic combination of a heavy doom-esque sound interspersed with, almost quiet and ambient, psych. Nothing, however, could prepare me for their live show. Beyond some great musicianship, they owned the stage the entire time they were on it.

I managed to get a very brief, very dark, and very loud interview with Matthew Rodgers, one of the members of Wildildlife. As he noted, the new album is out now, and you can check it out here. Everyone should check it out, as this is one powerhouse of a group.

Also, this is the first in several posts about the aQ/WFMU showcase. So keep checking in, because I'm loading these just as fast as vimeo will let me....(Which is painfully not that fast.....)



SXSW#10: Wildildlife interver at aQ/WFMU showcase from Denman C Anderson on Vimeo.


SXSW#11: Wildildlife performing at aQ/WFMU showcase from Denman C Anderson on Vimeo.

No comments: